Garlic Bread has one of the most distinctive smells of any food. It’s also incredibly popular and can be eaten on its own or with pretty much any saucy dish.
So here’s a cheap and easy way of impressing your tinder date with your mad garlic bread skills – although I would advise mints after.
What you need:
- 3 Bread Slices – Any type. Can be loaf, baguette etc.
- Butter – Any type, for a vegan recipe use Sunflower Spread.
- 3 Garlic Cloves – This is for a medium garlic taste, use more or less cloves if you want a stronger or weaker flavour.
- Frying Pan
- Mushrooms – Optional
- Italian Herbs – Optional
- Preheat grill on medium heat for later.
- Crush and peal the garlic. Finely chop the inner parts of the garlic. Slice up 2 mushrooms into tiny bits if using.
- Add the garlic and 2 heaped teaspoons of butter into a preheated pan.
- Cook the garlic and butter in a high heat until the butter is a golden liquid and garlic very lightly browned.
- Add mushrooms and Italian herbs if using.
- Cook the mixture in the pan for a further few minutes or until the mushroom pieces have softened. Keep mixing.
- If not using mushrooms cook for a further few minutes anyway. Keep stirring.
- Spread the garlic and mushroom butter onto 3 slices of the bread of your choosing.
- Place the bread under the grill. This allows the bread to toast and the garlic mixture to seep into the bread – at this point you can add some grated cheese for cheesy garlic bread if you wish.
- When the bread looks golden or is toasted to your liking remove it from the grill.
- Serve and enjoy as a snack or with your meal